Monday 19 November 2012

Thanksgiving Apple Tart

My absolute favorite holiday is coming up this week!  yup that's right, Thanksgiving!  Its a time to be with family and friends and celebrate each others company.  It also gives us the opportunity to look around and be thankful for all of the many blessings that we have in this world.  Being so far away from home and my closest loved ones is definitely harder around the holidays.  But luckily, I have had the pleasure of meeting many wonderful friends here in NZ that make the holidays feel a little more like home.  They are my Kiwi family!
We share recipes like sisters and cousins and laugh over bad jokes and bottles of lovely wine from all over Aotearoa .  So this year, I am thankful for them.  They make me feel like I belong in this small, lovely country that I have come to love so much over the past two years.
Normally, my traditional dish to bring to the table is my great grandmothers homemade apple pie. I had a little pre-Thanksgiving shoot with one of my favorite foodie's around Auckland, Grant from Gourmet a GoGo, and props from One Stop Prop Shop.  We had a little play with some apples and he made the most delicious apple tart.  Perhaps I'll have to throw this recipe into my holiday repertoire. Enjoy! xo-k







No comments:

Post a Comment